Tuesday 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas

I just feel this year won’t be complete if I don’t write this piece. 2013 has really been an awesome year for me and looking back at January and how I started the year, it’s perfectly okay to say it was my best year ever. God has really been faithful to me this year even though I was unfaithful all the way. His grace, mercy and favour has been abiding with me all through the year. This very year he showed me how much he loves me and that he definitely has a plan for life (Which I’m still in the process of discovering). In the last days in church last year (2012), we were told to write a list of what we wanted God to do in 2013, and guess what? God did every single thing on that list to the last letter. Is he not an awesome God?  I almost beat myself up because I thought I should have included more things on the list; well, I have a chance to write another list this year and I’m definitely not going to belittle my God on this year’s list.

2013 was really filled with testimonies and really don’t know where to start counting my blessings from but those who are really close to me can tell that 2013 was a stepping stone to greater heights for me. I achieved more than I bargained for. Every second, every month was blessed and I’m definitely not where I used to be, all glory to God. I was talking to a friend, he asked me a question and after i responded, I took a minute to think about my response *Few months before then, my response would have been different*. When God blesses/increases you and doesn’t bless the people around you, expressing your joy might be really difficult but in his infinite mercies he has blessed and increased my family and friends, they are not all where they used to be, *they have really upgraded*, I also bless the name of the Lord for this.

A lot of people came into my life in 2013 and some of them were just amazing, I couldn’t help but wonder where they've been all my life, *you know yourselves* and I just want you to know appreciate every second of your time you spent with me. For those who came into 2013 with me and stayed with me all through 2013, in my “down times” and in my “up times”, you guys are the best and God bless you real good. Together, we’ll do greater exploits in 2014. I can’t imagine what 2013 would have been without you guys :* And to the friends that became family, you guys mean a lot to me and living without you guys will probably be unbearable. Thank you so much for being a part of my life, love you guys to bits. To my family and loved ones, I miss you so much and I can’t wait to be with you again, I love you so much.

And finally to those affected by ice storm that hit the GTA area of Ontario my heart warm regards to you guys. Please stay safe and as the government and good people of Ontario are trying to restore order, ensure you make the best of the season.   

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Fabulous New Year ahead. Let’s rock 2014 together #bless.




P.S. **Jesus is the reason for the season. Don't drink and drive.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings my dear friend Alan... You really have a gift with words (and you say the english language is the hardest to understand) lol. I have enjoyed getting to know you through this "google" program. People who are "in the know" find it easy to relate to each other. It is their sincere prayers that sustain us and touch those who do not know nor understand. My prayer is that you keep your head up and your heart right where it is. I also feel and know that hand that guides you and will continue to do so because of your faithfulness. I wish you the best in all your endeavors and will continue to keep you in my prayers. "The Best is Yet to Come" Thanks for being you! Angyl (Yvonne)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartfelt and very sincere....i shld say a big thank you to you too cos u made a major part of my 2013...u r a friend in ten million, a brother from another mother. Do have a greater 2014 dearie nd God will definitely continually increase us beyond our wildest imaginations...AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete